About The Cultural Center at the Opera House
Our newly restored Havre de Grace Cultural Center at the Opera House brings the highest quality entertainment to our community and the region. The historic theater features local and professional plays, live music and arts performances, dance, arts education and youth programming, local events and private receptions and gatherings. We hope there will even be some opera.
The Havre de Grace Cultural Center at the Opera House embodies our community’s commitment to the arts, the preservation of our history and access to a state-of-the-art facility that is accessible to all.
Volunteer Orientation and Training is held on the first Monday quarterly;
August, November, February and May from 6:30pm – 8:00pm or by appointment.
Havre de Grace Arts Collective presents Youth Art Projects!
The Havre de Grace Arts Collective is offering a variety of FREE arts programs for the youth in our community! Artist Laura Numsen who has led many art programs at the Opera House will be coordinating and teaching online projects for kids and teens.
Online Story Read-Alongs!
The Havre de Grace Arts Collective misses our kid’s audiences at the Cultural Center as the Opera House! We hope you enjoy this Online Story Read-Alongs compliments of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation:
- Rami Malek reads The Empty Pot by Demi (8 min) Grades 1 – 2 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/the-empty-pot/
- Viola Davis reads Rent Party Jazz by William Miller (11 min) Grades 2 & 3 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/rent-party-jazz/
- Allison Janney reading Carla’s Sandwich by Debbie Herman (11 min) Grades 2-3 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/carlas-sandwich/
- Lily Tomlin reading Hey, That’s MY Monster by Amanda Noll (12 min) Grades K-2 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/hey-thats-monster/
- Hector Elizondo reads Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli (12min) Grades 2-3 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/somebody-loves-you-mr-hatch/