About The Cultural Center at the Opera House
Our newly restored Havre de Grace Cultural Center at the Opera House brings the highest quality entertainment to our community and the region. The historic theater features local and professional plays, live music and arts performances, dance, arts education and youth programming, local events and private receptions and gatherings. We hope there will even be some opera.
The Havre de Grace Cultural Center at the Opera House embodies our community’s commitment to the arts, the preservation of our history and access to a state-of-the-art facility that is accessible to all.
Due to the rise in COVID-19 and Delta Variant cases, the Havre de Grace Arts Collective is joining The State Theater of Havre de Grace and the rest of the Havre de Grace arts community in enforcing the following mask mandates at all ticketed events:
- All unvaccinated and partially vaccinated patrons must wear masks while inside the venue unless they are actively eating or drinking.
- All children aged 12 and under must wear masks while inside the venue unless they are actively eating or drinking.
- All Arts Collective staff and volunteers will also be wearing masks while inside the venue.
Thank you for your understanding as we endeavor to protect our performers, our patrons, and all members of the arts community during these challenging times!
Volunteer Orientation and Training is held on the first Monday quarterly;
August, November, February and May from 6:30pm – 8:00pm or by appointment.
Check out the photos from the Havre de Grace Art Walk!
(Courtesy of Pat Venturino, Venture Photos)
There’s great things happening at the Opera House!
Online Story Read-Alongs!
The Havre de Grace Arts Collective misses our kid’s audiences at the Cultural Center as the Opera House! We hope you enjoy this Online Story Read-Alongs compliments of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation:
- Rami Malek reads The Empty Pot by Demi (8 min) Grades 1 – 2 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/the-empty-pot/
- Viola Davis reads Rent Party Jazz by William Miller (11 min) Grades 2 & 3 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/rent-party-jazz/
- Allison Janney reading Carla’s Sandwich by Debbie Herman (11 min) Grades 2-3 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/carlas-sandwich/
- Lily Tomlin reading Hey, That’s MY Monster by Amanda Noll (12 min) Grades K-2 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/hey-thats-monster/
- Hector Elizondo reads Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli (12min) Grades 2-3 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/somebody-loves-you-mr-hatch/
Havre de Grace Arts Collective presents the Youth Art Program!
The Havre de Grace Arts Collective is offering a variety of FREE arts programs for the youth in our community! Artist Laura Numsen who has led many art programs at the Opera House will be coordinating and teaching online projects for kids and teens.