About The Cultural Center at the Opera House
Our newly restored Havre de Grace Cultural Center at the Opera House brings the highest quality entertainment to our community and the region. The historic theater features local and professional plays, live music and arts performances, dance, arts education and youth programming, local events and private receptions and gatherings. We hope there will even be some opera.
The Havre de Grace Cultural Center at the Opera House embodies our community’s commitment to the arts, the preservation of our history and access to a state-of-the-art facility that is accessible to all.
Beach Vacation Raffle!
A full week’s vacation in beautiful Bethany Beach, Delaware for up to 6 guests!
All on one level, this home features: 3 bedrooms (2 queen & 2 single beds) 2 full baths open floor plan with separate living and dining areas sunroom fully equipped kitchen deck w/dining table overlooking pond central air conditioning internet, cable and more!
Enjoy the vacation lifestyle in this quiet community that offers a large pool, nature trails, and tennis courts at no additional charge.
Close to restaurants, shopping, golf and only one mile from the beach!
Includes a 7-night stay/ No pets or smoking. Winner to choose their week. Book travel up to a year. Approximate value: $2,000
Support the Arts Collective & the 2022 Jazz & Blues for a chance to win this rare classic 1976 Gibson Marauder!
Ronnie Wood, Mick Taylor, Jeff Lynne and the Buzzcocks’ Pete Shelley all played them during the 1970s. The model was cancelled in 1979 though some were still made until 1982. In all, only 7,111 were ever made.
Drawing will take place at the Shemekia Copeland concert on June 4, 2022 (you do not have to be present to win)
Guitar Donated by:
Volunteer Orientation and Training is held on the first Monday quarterly;
August, November, February and May from 6:30pm – 8:00pm or by appointment.
Check out the photos from the Havre de Grace Art Walk!
(Courtesy of Pat Venturino, Venture Photos)
There’s great things happening at the Opera House!
Online Story Read-Alongs!
The Havre de Grace Arts Collective misses our kid’s audiences at the Cultural Center as the Opera House! We hope you enjoy this Online Story Read-Alongs compliments of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation:
- Rami Malek reads The Empty Pot by Demi (8 min) Grades 1 – 2 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/the-empty-pot/
- Viola Davis reads Rent Party Jazz by William Miller (11 min) Grades 2 & 3 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/rent-party-jazz/
- Allison Janney reading Carla’s Sandwich by Debbie Herman (11 min) Grades 2-3 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/carlas-sandwich/
- Lily Tomlin reading Hey, That’s MY Monster by Amanda Noll (12 min) Grades K-2 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/hey-thats-monster/
- Hector Elizondo reads Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli (12min) Grades 2-3 https://www.storylineonline.net/books/somebody-loves-you-mr-hatch/
Havre de Grace Arts Collective presents the Youth Art Program!
The Havre de Grace Arts Collective is offering a variety of FREE arts programs for the youth in our community! Artist Laura Numsen who has led many art programs at the Opera House will be coordinating and teaching online projects for kids and teens.